Florida Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics is a leader in diagnosing and treating work-related injuries. As a certified Expert Medical Advisor (EMA) for the state of Florida, Dr. Talkington understands the Florida workers’ compensation system and develops treatment plans that focus on the injured employee and obtaining maximum medical improvement (MMI) as quickly as possible.
Our office team works together with the employee, adjuster, and nurse case manager to ensure that the employee returns to work as quickly and safely as possible. We take pride in our reports and our timely communications.
Our program features:
- Same-day or next-day appointments
- Instant response to referring physicians
- Prompt evaluation and treatment of work-related injuries
- Timely work status reports
- Concise exam notes and credible reports generated quickly after the exam (DWC-25s are completed within 24 hours)
- Effective communication with employers, adjusters, and case managers
- Complete rehabilitation programs on site
Independent Medical Evaluations (IMEs)
IMEs are a critical step in determining return to work status. Florida Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics is a leader in providing reliable IME services, and we understand the importance of timely and accurate communication. Our IME program features:
- General orthopedic and sub-specialties
- Convenient scheduling
- Timely transcribed reports
Dr. Talkington is in-network with most workers’ compensation carriers, and he also provides second opinions. Call us at (850) 763-0346 for more information or to schedule an appointment, independent medical evaluation, or second opinion for an injured employee.